Monday 5 October 2009

Welcome!

This space was created to share information, ideas and material on teaching / learning English. Just because it is "work", it doesn't mean it doesn't have to be interesting, fun or creative.

To begin, I'd like to suggest the creation of word clouds (or tag clouds). They can have many uses. In class, for example, you can use them to present, practise and/or organise vocabulary. And some are almost poems with a strong visual impact.

You can use the site http://www.wordle.net/ to make your own clouds. You can use an existing document or provide your own list of words.

This is an example taken from:

And another one:
http://www.wordle.net/show/wrdl/1059224/English_notebook_cover

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dora!

    I know this site. It's fantastic what we can do with words. Great idea for sharing.

    Armanda Alves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dora, I really like the images you posted! It's one of my favourite songs because I've dedicated it to my son when he was born...on the 1st of January 2002. I hope I go to Coimbra to their concert, let's see!
    Congrates for your blog mate!

    ReplyDelete